2020 Meeting Notes
May 26, 2020 Women on Wheels® Idaho Gems Chapter™
|Idaho Gems/Women on Wheels Regular meeting Tuesday 5/25/2020 Bear Creek Park|
|Meeting called by:||Sandra and Richelle||Type of meeting:||Monthly|
Attendees: Sandra, Richelle, Val, Anjy, Margie, Lynda, Fleda, Elaine, Jennifer, Trina, Deby, Kim, Robin, Debbie, Michelle
- Ride for 22: cancelled for 2020 due to CV19 restrictions. Discussion about 2021 plans. Raffle tickets are available for 2021 vehicle raffle. See Doug or Debbie K for details.
- June Rides:
- McCall/Cambridge Loop 6/6. Leader needed.
- Warm Lake 6/11. Action Item: Richelle will call ahead to alert restaurant our group will be dining there.
- Ritter Island Overnight – still on, no word of cancel from park.
- Meeting Location: for now we will continue to meet at Bear Creek Park. We’ll gather under gazebo if weather is poor. No action item associated with this for now.
- Ride Waivers: need to e signed annually. Action Item: See Sandra if you have not signed 2020 waiver
- New Members Welcome: Elaine, Anjy, Jennifer. Welcome ladies!!
- STARS class – Can Am/3 wheel class: Sept 4-6. 3 of our members are attending so far. Richelle noted this is a valuable class for all riders (even 2 wheelers) should an emergency occur and the need to ride a member’s 3-wheel to safety arises. Action Item: Sign up on STARS site if interested.
- Annual and Cumulative Mileage contests – Richelle is going to “Zoom” meet with members wanting to log their miles on National WOW site
Action Items/Responsible party summary:
- Members at large –
- Contact Doug or Debbie K if you want to purchase raffle tickets to support Ride for 22
- Sign up for STARS can am/3 wheel course Sept 4-6 if interested, $50.00
- Contact Sandra to sign 2020 Ride Waiver
- Mileage contests – contact Richelle if you need help logging your “start” miles for national mileage contests.
- Richelle – contact Warm Lake Lodge to alert them our group is dining there 6/11
- Norma/Val/Richelle – plan events/rides for our Ritter Island adventure in June – so far this is still a go
Ride Safe – Love and support one another – serve the organization in whatever small/big ways that you can
April 29, 2020 Women on Wheels® Idaho Gems Chapter™
|Idaho Gems/Women on Wheels Regular meeting Tuesday 4/29/2020 Bear Creek Park|
|Meeting called by:||Sandra and Richelle||Type of meeting:||Monthly|
Attendees: Sandra, Richelle, Val, Deby, Trina, Norma, Kim, Margie, Robin, Elaine, Lynda, Denise, Nicki, Michelle, Debbie
- Ride-In discussion: Winona Ride in for 2020 cancelled due to CV19 restrictions. This may be moved to next year or to 2022. The Board has placed deposit on the 2021 Ride in at a different location that may not be refundable. The outcome of that will determine what happens with Winona. Some members are letting the Board know they do not want a refund for this year’s Ride-In. Action:
- Winona Ride in registrants may elect to contact the Board to tell them to keep funds instead of asking for refund. No action for other members at this time.
- The state of WOW: Trina is currently serving on the national Board; she shared with us the concerns the Board has about declining membership and the possibility of disbanding the national organization. She referred attendees to the recent newsletter for details. The board is seeking feedback from members to voice their selection of which of 3 listed options to follow (the reader is referred to newsletter 4/2020 for details). Some voiced preference to disband in lieu of local “meet up” type group while others were vested in the longer term survival of the organization. We discussed palatable ways to save the organization funds such as: eliminating paper newsletter or giving the option at membership renewal to elect electronic format, decreasing frequency of newsletter, decreasing frequency of ride in, having informal (not WOW sanctioned) gatherings regionally, sending cash donations to the national organization. Action:
- General Members: if you can lead, do so. Join the Board; ask to be mentored by current board member.
- General Members: inform the board, in writing or through Trina – what you think the future of WOW should be – which of the 3 options in the newsletter you want to pursue.
- Val – will start a WOW “meet up” group now to see if that expands local membership. If we see an impact, we can share this information with other states.
- Trina – will share discussion with the Board
- Ride for 22: postponed until 6/27/2020. We will be on stand-by until June 1 – the idea being that if the event is not cancelled by that date then we will be ready to serve. The Ride for 22 organizers presented a lovely plaque to honor our years of service! No action item associated with this other than keep the date open.
- Meeting Location: for now we will continue to meet at Bear Creek Park. Both Albertson’s and Guadalajara restaurants would have us once public meeting is again permitted. No action item associated with this for now.
- Dinner Ride to Orchard House: Monday May 11 6pm Meet at Chevron at Amity/Happy Valley roundabout 6:00pm/KSU 6:15. We will support this local business by purchasing meals to eat outside. Action:
- Text Val with your order on/before Sunday May 10. She will submit/pay for order ahead of time. Val text 208-407-0841. Venmo “handle” is @Valerie-Block-1.
- Day Ride to Hagerman: Saturday, May 16 Meet at Gowan Chevron 8:00am/KSU 8:15.
Action Items/Responsible party summary:
- Members at large –
- contact Trina/the national Board if you are willing to serve a position of leadership to save the organization
- notify Trina/the board of your choice of (1of 3 listed in newsletter) choice for the future of WOW moving forward, share your ideas
- Text Val w menu choice for Orchard House ride
- Keep June 27th open on you calendars for Ride for 22
- Val – start “meet up” page for our local WOW group; gather orders for the Orchard House ride
- Norma/Val – plan events/rides for our Ritter Island adventure in June – so far this is still a go
Ride Safe – Love and support one another – serve the organization in whatever small/big ways that you can
February 23, 2020 Women on Wheels® Idaho Gems Chapter™
|Meeting called by:||Sandra and Richelle||Type of meeting:||Ride Season planning|
Attendees: Sandra, Richelle, Fleda, Val, Deby, Trina, Norma, Kim, Margie, Robin, Monica
- Location of Future Meetings discussion: Consideration given to rotating host homes to hold meetings. Concern voiced about this limiting our visibility in the community and thus our ability to recruit new members, provide easy access to women searching us out for meetings, privacy concerns about publishing current member name/address. The idea of finding a “Taco Tuesday” location raised. Action:
- March meeting will be held as planned for now at Rachel’s House
- Val – will call the Meridian and Boise locations of Albertson’s to see if they have a quiet location to host meetings. The Meridian location opined by most to be a more central location
- Trina – will call Fiesta Guadalajara Nampa to inquire about meeting room
- Skills Classes: Richelle shared enhanced skills classes info for both 2 and 3 wheel bikes. Attendees wrote their names on classes they were interested in attending. Action:
- Richelle – will contact STARS to see if we can have a private class, date availability
- Ride Plan: Open discussion with white board and brainstorming of ideas for overnight, long day trips and after work dinner rides. Planned Rides:
- March –
- 3/12/2020 (Thurs) Dinner Ride to Hilltop Café. Meet at Gowan Chevron at 6:00pm. KSU 6:15
- 3/22/2020 (Sun) Day Ride to Mann’s Creek Restaurant. Meet time/location TBA
- 3/24/2020 (Tue) Meeting. Meet at Rachel’s house at 6:00. Sandra will send location information
- April –
- 4/4/2020 (Sat) tentative- organize for annual philanthropy event at Val’s house. Time/date to be finalized by Sandra after discussion w Ride for 22 staff
- 4/18/2020 (Sat) Ride for 22 event date. Idaho Center and Harley. Time/specifics TBA in March meeting
- 4/25/2020 (Sat) Ride and church service attendance to Oreana church. Meet Chevron at Amity/Happy Valley roundabout at 8:30am. Church service starts at 10:00
- 4/28/2020 6:00 pm Meeting location TBA
- May –
- 5/1-3/2020 (Fri) Overnight trip to Eagle Pt Utah to rendezvous w/other women riders. Signed up are: Trina, Deby, Val
- 5/11/2020 (Mon) Dinner Ride to Orchard House. Meet at Chevron at Amity/Happy Valley roundabout 6:00pm/KSU 6:15
- 5/16/2020 (Sat) Day Ride to Hagerman/lunch at Snake River Grill. Meet at Gowan Chevron 8:00am/KSU 8:15.
- 5/26/2020 (Tue) 6:00pm Meeting – TBA
- June –
- 6/6/2020 (Sat) Ride to McCall/Cambridge loop, lunch at restaurant TBA. Meet at Chevron on Beacon Light Road/55 at 8:00am/KSU 8:15
- 6/11/2020 (Thur) Dinner Ride to Warm Lake (dine at lodge). Meet at Chevron on Beacon Light Road/55 at6:00pm/KSU 6:15
- 6/19-21/2020 (Fri-Sun) – Two nights/3 days overnight Trip to Ritter Island near Hagerman. We have the large “Rock House” reserved. Day rides and hikes planned. We’ll have paddleboards and kayaks and maybe a boat ride to the famous “Blue Heart” cove. Everyone be real real nice to Kyle when you see him. 10 person limit in the house. Payment of $40 to Richelle holds your spot on first come-first reserved basis
- 6/23/2020 – (Tue) Meeting 6:00pm location TBA
- July –
- 7/7-9/2020 (Tue-Thur) WOW International Ride In Winona MN – signed up: Trina and Deby
- 7/18/2020 (Sat) Day Ride to Stanley/Mountain Mommas and craft fair. Details TBA
- 7/23/2020 (Thur) Dinner Ride to Ola via Emmett back roads. Meet at Chevron on Middleton Road/Chinden (aka Hwy 20-26) at 6:00pm/KSU 6:15. Dinner in Ola.
- 7/28/2020 (Tue) Meeting 6:00pm – location TBA
- 7/30/2020 (Thur) Dinner Ride to Riverside Restaurant in Horseshoe Bend w Jamie from Alaska. Meet at Chevron on Beacon Light Road/55 at 6:00pm/KSU 6:15
- August –
- 8/8/2020 (Sat) Day and/or overnight ride to Joseph. Meet at Flying J truck stop on Chinden (aka Highway 20-26) at 7:00am/KSU 7:15. No reservations have been made.
- 8/11/2020 Taco Tuesday at “The Edge” Brewing – no ride, just fun event to share. Meet at “The Edge” at 6:30
- 8/20/2020 (Thurs) Dinner Ride to Pac-Out via Cartwright Road. Meet at Meet at Chevron on Beacon Light Road/55 at 6:00pm/KSU 6:15
- 8/25/2020 (Tue) Meeting 6:00pm – location TBA
- September –
- 9/10/2020 (Thur) Brown bag Dinner ride to Barber Park. Meet at Harley Meridian at 6:00pm/KSU 6:15. Bring brown bag meal.
- 9/19-22/2020 (Sat-Tue) 3 nights/4 days overnight Golden Spike Ride/Bear Lake Utah. Details TBA
- October –
- (9/8 for camper pullers) 9/9-10/2020 Pine Flats Camping and/or day ride. Kim and Richelle (so far) will pull trailers up Thursday night and plan to stay 2 nights. Riders can stay the night(s) or just do a day ride. Details TBA
- 9/27/2020 (Tue) Meeting 6:00pm – location TBA
- March –
Action Items/Responsible party summary:
- Members at large – get $40 to Richelle if you want to go to Hagerman overnights; make reservations on your own for Joseph 8/8/2020 if you plan to overnight; get your mind/body and bike READY TO RIDE!!
- Val/Trina – Meeting location – Val/call Albertsons, Trina call restaurant location
- Richelle – STARs class – contact STARs for class availability, share info w members
- Rachel – host March meeting
- Sandra – Ride for 22, communicate w R22 staff about when they will deliver product to Val’s house (hopefully 2 weeks prior to event); send out info about March meeting location to members
- Sandra/Richelle – announce time/meet up location for March Mann’s Creek Ride, contact restaurants (or delegate) for our rides, research hotel/route info for Golden Spike Ride
- Val/Norma – plan events/rides for our Ritter Island adventure in June
January 28, 2020 Women on Wheels® Idaho Gems Chapter™
Attendees: Sandra, Nikki, Trina, Deby, Robin, Richel R, Richelle, Norma, Rachel, Michelle, Elaine, Cindy, Debbie and Doug.
Impromptu Rides, Emmett and Map rock Rd twice. New ideas are needed for different routes.
May 1 st we are meeting the Copper Cruisers from Arizona for the IFRD, International Female Ride Day. Staying at a rented condo in Eagle Point. 650 miles down from Id
- Doug and Debbie from ICMS and Ride for 22, joined us for our first meeting of the year.
- ICMS is working on bigger fines and more points for distracted driving. Right now, the fine is $50.00 and a misdemeanor. The plan is to up the fine to $1500.00 and no longer a misdemeanor.
- February 27 Cabin Fever ride. Ride starts at HDHD and ends at Big Mikes in Kuna. Route TBD
- April 4 Spring Fling, dinner and ride
- April 18 Ride for 22, Ride for 22 has outgrown HDHD. It will be held at the Ford Idaho Center in Nampa. 9am – 5pm We will be selling product for this event. The raffle item this year is a fully restored 1959 Ford T-Bird. Tickets are $20.00. The ride will start in Nampa and end at HDHD.
- Ride for 22 has honored us with a Certificate of Recognition 3 years of volunteering our time and efforts in helping with sales of Ride for 22 merchandise. The monies that have been raised from the sales of merchandise has been donated to several veterans’ organizations.
- Neptune’s Warriors has been able to buy special scuba diving equipment for female veterans.
- May 2 ICMS Awareness Rally, Lucky Peak to the State Capitol, lunch at Municipal park.
Women on Wheels is experiencing a huge drop in membership. We are not alone in this. Other riding groups are also experiencing a drop in membership. The Board of Trustees are trying to find ways to address this issue.
- Cutting the mileage program
- Issuing the Magazine 4 times a year instead of 6.
- Replacing the 2 magazines with a newsletter 2 times a year.
- National Recruitment contest.
- Nationa Ride-in insurance is very high. The insurance is through the AMA.
- We are losing 1100 a year, that’s roughly 12 members a month. Leadership is also hard pressed to find people to fill the Board seats. As it sets, if we don’t have a full board 7 trustees, we face disbanding in 2022. We have 9 slots, only 6 are filled. All slots are volunteer.
- We are a 501c 7 not for profit organization.
- We have a vanguard fund; it is funding operating expenses. We do not want to use all those funds. Most members are aging out and the new generation does not seem interested in joining groups.
Our PPO is on our website and we are trying to get the by-laws posted.
Ideas for raising membership:
• Membership recruiter contest.
• Join Idaho Gems and join ASM and receive a 10 % discount on ASM class.
To help boost our group, we will be displaying our banner at Ride for 22 sales table. Making
more flyers and talking to more bike shops and businesses. We will be wearing our shirts and/or vest to represent the Idaho Gems.
Richelle has donated her house for a recruitment meeting. We will be discussing having sub-groups to tackle the bike shops and businesses.
Discussion about different destinations for dinner and meetings. Pizza Hut has been ok, but we must compete with the music and distractions of the TV’s.
Rachel has opened her house and kitchen for a meeting. We will have more discussion at the next meeting and have a sign up sheet with dates for members who would like to host a
AHP After Holiday Party will be held at Michelle’s house. The party will be a potluck, send
Sandra with what you will be bringing for dinner, treats and drinks. Michelle has 5 food
warmers, crock pots and dinnerware.
TNT has been suggested for a possible meeting site. NO CLEAN UP
Kim has offered up her house for the Ride Planning meeting on Sunday February 23, 2020. 2pm This is also a potluck. Please bring goodies. This meeting will also replace our regular meeting on February 25, 2020.
Next meeting at Kim’s house. Address to follow. February 23, 2020
2019 Meeting Notes
September 24, 2019
Attendees: Michelle, Val, Kim, Deby, Richelle, Norma, Sandra, Denise, Monica, Fleda
> Dinner Ride on Aug 29th to Hill Top Cafe – A lovely evening to the Hill Top Cafe. Hilltop has a great variety of beer and it was suggested that we visit it sometime without the bikes and sample the brew.
> Dinner Ride on the evening of the 10th to Celebration Park, via Maprock road, & Lake Shore Drive had an amazing display of clouds and sunbeams streaking the them. The views from the park was quite spectacular.
> Ride for 22 Night Glow on the 14th. Trina helped out with registration and had her bike nicely adorned with colorful lightening.
> The IMPROMPTU ride on the 22nd to Grand View, Mt Home back roads was a nice ride we hadn’t done in awhile. Going the opposite direction we usually take revealed a lot of forgotten scenery – Deby, Trina, Norma, Fleda & Nikki attended.
> Chapter Officers Election RESULTS – All new offices with begin their terms 01/01/2020.
1. Chapter Director Sandra Werner 2 Co-Director Richelle White
3. Chapter Secretary Valerie Block
4. Historian Robin Humphrey
5. Website Mngr. Fleda Bennie
The appointment of Deby Clover as our new State Ambassador was confirmed by HQ.
> On May 2, 2020 – International Female Ride Day (IFRD) some of us are meeting the gals from Copper Cruisers (AZ chpt) at Eagle Point Lodge in Beaver, UT. http://www.eaglepointresort.com/ lodging/snowflake-15 Shain has secured a condo….That makes 3 from AZ, 2 from ID Trina and Deby & 1 from WA Brenda. There are 10 spots… if we get more we can always look into getting a 2nd cabin! she will call & see if the capacity is max 10 people or just actual bed space for 10, we can always add air mattresses if they will let us. It’s currently $36.84 (non-refundable) to Shain Bare – SHAINGRAY@YAHOO.COM for pay pal or 602-448-7187 for Zelle.
> Rider Laws and Insurance – Unfortunately our insurance speaker on this topic cancelled on us. Deby contacted Skaug Law (an ASM’s sponsor) & was able to grab a couple of pamphlets on the topic. Also, Bruce Skaug from Skaug Law suggested we should all update our insurance to add “Med Pay” to cover one million dollars & to add “Underinsured Motorist” coverage (not to be confused with Uninsured Motorist) of up to half a million dollars. If you would like more information I suggest you talk to your agent and/or go to https://skauglaw.com/motorcyle-accident-lawyer/ & download their free pamphlet on “What Bikers Must Know” by Bruce Skaug. There is a goldmine of information in this pamphlet & it’s basically free legal advise.
> Accident Scene Management (ASM) ADVANCED class. 300 series # 19-300-18 Saturday 10/12/19. Location Boise Watershed. Cost: $75 prepaid ($85 at door). Limit 30 students. Prerequisite: proof of Basic 100 certification within last 2 years. Registration closes 10/4/2019 12pm. Please contact Trina: email@example.com or 208-863-8078. Registration link: https:// www.eiseverywhere.com/asm1930018
> 9/27 Weekend at Stanley……………CANCELLED..(we hear snow is predicted) All Upcoming Rides will be an Impromptu bases due to the unpredictable weather this time of year.
**** Oct 22 is our last Meeting for the year at Pizza Hut in Meridian. Optional dinner 6pm Meeting 7pm.
August 27, 2019
Attendees: Rachel, Michelle, Val, Kim, Deby, Margie, Trina, Norma, Tess, Cindy
> The Emmett Dinner ride to the Riverside Cafe in HB on 7/25, was very pleasant. A beautiful evening for a ride along the Payette River. Deby, Fleda Norma & Val attended.
> Afternoon ride to the campsite of Richelle’s at Warm Lake. Richelle put on quite a spread of delicious food. It was a lovely ride & evening of epic Dutch Oven food.
> Impromptu ride to Celebration Park. A great way to escape some of the hot summer weather. Just a pleasant Ride for all.
> 8/29 – Dinner Ride Hilltop Cafe above Lucky Peak & Ten Mile Creek. Meet Gowen Chevron @ 6pm Dinner first, then ride.
> 9/2 – Labor Day Lowman Loop. Meet Beacon Light Chevron. KSU 10:15am
> 9/6,7,8,9 – The Island Park weekend has been cancelled. The cabin is being sold.
> 9/10 – Dinner Ride – Celebration Park-Brown Bag. Meet at Chevron @ Happy Valley & Amity (Roundabout) KSU 6:15pm
> 9/14 – Ride for 22 Night Glow. Ride from Birds of Prey to Slicks Bar. Meet at BoP with bikes dressed in lights. 6pm $15
> 9/21 – Accident Scene Management Beginner class. Sign up https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ asm1910047 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org 208-863-8078 Advanced class will be offered in Oct. & you must have taken a Beginner class within 2 years in order to take the Advanced Class
> 9/27 Weekend at Stanley……………PENDING
OFFICER NOMINATIONS for 2020 are as Follows:
1. Chapter Director (required) Sandra Werner
2 Co-Director no nomination at this time
3. Chapter Secretary Valerie Block
4. Activity Coordinator no nomination at this time
5. Historian Robin Humphrey
*6. State Ambassador Deby Clover
Nominations for Idaho Gems Officers close on Sep. 17 (one week before the meeting) If you are interested in ANY position please let us know before the deadline. We are still looking for someone to take over the website too.
*State Ambassador is not an elected position. It is appointed by HQ. The Nomination of Deby for SA has been submitted as of 8/28/19
*** Sep. 24 – August Meeting and Elections. Plus special speakers on liability insurance, etc. Meeting held at Boise Watershed meeting room. Meeting starts at 6pm!
June 25, 2019
Attendees: (Meeting Notes by Sandra while Cindy recuperates from knee surgery) Michelle, Richelle, Fleda, Val, Pennie, Lyn, Deb, Sandra, Trina, Norma and Robin
> June 1 , 2019 Big Dam Tour was fun and we should plan on doing it again. Deb, Robin, Tommy, Trina, Val, Sandra, Pete, Elaine and Kimmie (Elaine and Kimmie we just met) We stopped at four 4 dams, Black Canyon, Lucky Peak, Swan Falls and Lake Lowell. About 200 in miles 4. 5 hours. Mad Mac catering when we returned to BOP. Raffle prizes were won by several in the group.
> June 6, 2019: Dinner Ride: Sandra, Robin, Val, Kim and Margie. Was not so much a ride as meet for dinner. Weather was windy and cool.
Met at Food Trucks at the Covenant Presbyterian Church 4848 N Five Mile Boise Food Truck foods varied from Hawaiian, Soul food, Barbeque, Mexican and a few others. Trucks are there every Thursday this summer. We can plan to meet again.
> June 8, 2019 Shoshone Ice Caves: Sandra, Robin, Kim, Margie, Norma, Val, Richelle, Deb Day started out very chilly. We took the freeway to Mt Home then headed to Fairfield. Definitely new snow in them thar’ hills. The caves were fascinating and yes there is ice. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. We heard about some history of nearby Richfield so we took a side tour to the town to check out the celebration. We didn’t really find what we were looking for so we continued on to Shoshone where we ate lunch at the Manhattan Cafe. After lunch, Deb had to do a “MaGyver” act to get to her helmet unlocked. Ask her sometime about her skills. We continued our trip to Gooding where we caught the freeway home. Boogied home quickly so Margie could get to the Eagle Rodeo. Another great trip we should do again. There is more in the area to explore.
> June 15, 2019 Owyhee Dam- Glory Hole: Deb, Norma, and Fleda Ride was good in spite of the rock slide that closed the road a few days earlier due to a rainstorm. The road had some rocks but manageable. Definitely had to pick your line and watch for debris.
> June 23, 2019 Impromptu ride to Stanley. Richelle, Robin, Deb, Pennie, Nikki Found a new restaurant to try, Sawtooth Luce’s. Weather was perfect.
> 6/27/ 2019 7 pm Mandatory Pre-Casper Ride meeting Pennie’s patio Nampa, ID
> 6/29/2019 Ride to Brundage Mt. Meet at Beacon Light Chevron KSU 10 am
> 7/7/2019 International W.O.W. RIde In (Casper WY) InDepart to 2019 National WOW® Ride-In™ Casper, WY. Meet at Gowen Chevron 6:45am KSU 7am
> 7/16/2019 Dinner Ride-CANCELED
> 7/18-21 Pendleton Bike rally. On your own as several have just gotten back from Wy.
> 7/23/2019 Regular meeting. 6pm Change in location for this meeting. Boise Water Shed 11818 Joplin Rd (take entrance B) Boise, ID 83714 We will have a tour of the plant and the educational center then we will eat. Dinner Brown bag. Lindy’s finger steaks are near by along with Guido’s pizza. Sandra will bring dessert. Peanut Butter Pie, caramel corn and another tasty surprise. You are welcome to play in the water features. Bring walking shoes and know that it may be hot.
> 7/25/ 2019 Dinner Ride to Emmett. Meet at Chevron at Middleton Road and Chinden 6:30 PM
> 7/27/2019 ICMS Pine Rally This one can get rowdy, like a mini Sturgis. Meet at Gowen Chevron 9 am. This is an come one come all rally. Not just a WOW function.
May 28, 2019
Meeting notes for 5/28/2019 taken by Sandra Werner. Attendees: Kim, Trina, Fleda, Robin, Monica, Richelle, Rachel, Deb, Pennie, Sandra and Margie Visitors: Tess Rhodas and Elaine Martin Meeting Called to order 7 pm
Deb thanked all of us for support during her loss. We are here to support each other!
> April 27 Ride for 22: We raised close to $16K. Debbie and Doug Knehr will keep and store the display that Jeff built. Final inventory was only off by 2 hats. We did awesome, but more changes will happen next year. The ride will start in Caldwell next year. Kudos to Val and Jeff for all the pre-work and building the display boards. The event went well because of their pre event work.
> May 4: International Female Ride Day: Sandra, Robin, Cindy, and Val set up a booth at BOP. Because the weather was awesome, BOP had a slow day. People were out riding. We saw one female customer all day. We packed up the booth around 12 and took the back roads home.
> May 11: Hagerman: Robin, Deb, Trina, Val and Norma. Ride was great and even had Peanut Butter Pie (not as great as Sandra’s though). We need to do this ride again and stop at the Elevation Restaurant in Twin Falls. Date TBD.
> May 18: Impromptu Emmett Loop: Richelle and Val
> May 26 Impromptu Ride: Val (Jeff), Robin, Deb: Pleasant Valley, Ten Mile Creek and spent time trying to dodge rain.
> June 1 Saturday: The Big Dam Tour Birds of Prey Motorsports Breakfast 9-10. KSU 10am Cost is $15 Sign up on BOP Facebook page. Additional raffle tickets will be given for early sign up by Thursday 5 pm and for having at least 4 members of a group. I believe that there are 4 dams: Black Canyon, Lucky Peak, Swan Falls and Lake Lowell. There will be a BBQ after the ride.
> June 6 Thursday Dinner Ride and Eagle Gazebo Concert Series: Meet at Covenant Presbyterian Church 4848 N Five Mile Road Boise. 5:30 pm Food Trucks are at this location on Thursdays. We will eat first then ride to Eagle Heritage City Park for a concert by Billy Blues Band. Concert from 6:30-9.
> **** UPDATE changed to June 8: Ride to Shoshone Ice Caves : Meet @Gowen Chevron 8:30 KSU 8:45. Bring snacks, water, flashlight, jacket. It’s approximately 131 miles but route TBD. Sandra to lead.
> Cancelled 06/15 – Garden Ride to the Zabinski Gardens in Donnelly…. Instead > June 15 Owyhee Dam. Meet at BOP 12:00. Stop at Notus Cafe for lunch and then continue to the dam. Deb to lead.
> June 25: Regular Meeting, Meridian Pizza Hut 6 pm dinner and social. 7 pm meeting
> June 27: 7 pm MANDATORY MEETING for anyone attending Casper Ride- in; Change of location Pennie’s Foster’s Patio Please contact Chapter Directors or Ambassador for address in Nampa.
> Thank you Sandra for taking the meeting notes during Cindy’s absence.
*** Next meeting June 25 at Meridian Pizza Hut. Meeting 7pm Optional dinner 6pm.
April 23, 2019
> Dinner ride to Sand Hollow April 4. Sandra lead. Took back roads to Sand Hollow Café. Was a pleasant ride and very little traffic. Owners of the store we pleased to have us. Food was good. Sandra, Richelle, Val, Robin, Denise, Stormy, ?
> Dinner ride to Notus: Cancelled due to weather. Rescheduled for May 15, 2019.
> Dinner ride to Hill Top April 18. Met at HDHD. 10 mile creek to Gowen Road, Up highway 21 to Hill top. The place was not busy and the weather PREFECT. Saw deer and a full moon. Trina, Deb, Sandra, Richelle, Stormy, Kim, Norma, Robin,
> Ride for 22 Organization meeting: We met at Val’s house to sort and organize the product for the ride. Val had numbered the product and her husband Jeff had built a display to hang items. Was the best ever. Thanks to Val 80% of the work was compete.
> Ride for 22 Charity Ride: Saturday April 27, 2019 Be at HDHD at 7 am to set up. Preride ceremonies start at 11:00. Expect to be there until 5 pm.
> Sunday April 28, 2019: Meet at Val’s house at 10:00 am to count final inventory. ($15,364 of product sold)
> Casper trip: All attendees have paid for rooms. Julie from Oregon will be riding with our group. We will have a mandatory meeting about 10 days prior to depart date. Date TBD
> May 4: International Female Ride Day. HDHD has decided to focus on other rides so WOW will be setting up a booth at BOP only for the day. We will be setting up around 9:30 and will be there until around 2 pm. Cindy, Val and Sandra will be there to let women know we are a riding group for women. All members are welcome to stop by and offer support.
> May 4: ICMS ride. Ride starts at Lucky Peak around 11:00 and rides to the capital then to Park for picnic.
> May 11 Ride to Hagerman: meet at Gowen Chevron at 8:15 am KSU at 8:30. Deb will be back and lead. Taking back roads and stopping at Snake River Grill for Peanut Butter Pie (hopefully). This is a long ride so plan accordingly.
> May 15: Dinner ride to Notus: *** UPDATE – Cancelled. Hopefully rescheduled week of 5/20-24 weather permitting.
> May 19 : Ride to Weiser
> WOW July 23 Meeting Idea: Sandra suggested we meet at the Boise Watershed campus. We can have a brown bag, order pizza, do a picnic or whatever. The watershed education team will give us a tour of the watershed and plant if members would like and then we can play in the water feature.
> Margie invited the group to an event and concert in Eagle in June. More info to follow.
*** Next meeting May 28 at Meridian Pizza Hut
March 26, 2019
Attendees: Pennie, Sandra, Margie, Val, Nikki, Denise, Kim, Robin, Richelle, Norma, Cindy, Monica, Trina and Deby.
Special Guests: Doug and Debbie Knehr Ride for 22 and ICMS
> After Holiday Party, everyone had a great time. Thanks foe hosting Kim.
> Bikers for Boobies no one attended
> Swan Falls was a great adventure. The weather was great and we got lost. New term: Free Range Riding (FRR). Robin led. Richelle & Val attended.
> Casper WY: Deby will keep everyone who is going apprised of the details as they come in. Keep an eye on your emails and we will certainly have a special mandatory ride meeting for EVERYONE riding with us about 10-days prior to leaving. There are still a couple of people who say they are going, but have yet to pay their Ride-In™ fees to HQ. Also, if you have not paid Trina or Sandra for your rooms, PLEASE
do so ASAP! PLEASE be prompt with this, if you are planning on going with us.
> March 28 Prom gone wrong CANCELLED
> Thursday, April 4 Dinner ride to the Sand Hollow Café. Meet at the Chevron at Middleton Rd and HWY 20/26. KSU 6:30 .
> Saturday, April 6 ICMS Spring Memorial and Biker Appreciation Dinner. Ride ends at VFW Post 63 Overland and Maple Grove. Registration for ride is 10:30am to Noon at Storey Park in Meridian. Ride route is TBD.
> Sunday, April 7 Notus Café. Meet at Birds Of Prey Motorsports 721 Hannibal Street Caldwell At Noon. We will ride to the Notus Cafe for Lunch. Which is a very short ride from there, so after lunch we can ride to a TBD ride after.
> Wednesday, April 10 Hammer and Stain 1500 Locust Grove Meridian, Meet there at 7pm $10.00 charge. So far a count of 6 has committed to attend. Contact Richelle (208) 861-6921 if you want to attend or need to cancel.
> April 18 Thursday diner ride. 10 Mile Creek route to Hill Top Café. Meet at HDHD 6pm KSU 6:30p Sandra to Lead.
> Saturday, April 20 Birds Of Prey Motorsports – Can-Am Spyder Demo rides ALL DAY
> April 23 – 4th Tuesday, Regular Idaho Gems™ WOW® meeting at Pizza Hut, Meridian 7pm
> Saturday, April 27 is Ride for 22 at HDHD. This is our charity! Meet at High Desert Harley at 7am Saturday morning to set up merchandize.
The product should be delivered to Val’s house around 4/20. We will sort and organize the merchandise at her house when it arrives. Deby will send out details then. If we have enough people, this should only take a couple hours or so.
February 17, 2019
Meeting Notes: Attendees: Monica, Deby, Valerie, Nikki, Trina, Richelle, Margie, Sandra W., Robin, Norma, Denise;
Please see Ride Calendar as this is what was discussed and planned at this meeting.
***Next monthly meeting on Tuesday 3/26 at Meridian Pizza Hut. Optional dinner 6pm. Meeting 7pm
January 22, 2019
Meeting Notes: Attendees: Denise, Melanie, Richelle & Tony, Val, Norma, Trina, Deby, Robin, Cindy, Monica, Nikki and Rachel. Guests: Doug and Debbie Knehr, ICMS and Ride for 22™
Welcome back everyone. This is our first meeting of 2019.
> 3/17 – Ride Safe Idaho™ will be teaching Accident Scene Management class at Boise Water Shed building, 11818 Joplin Rd, Boise, ID 83714. Basic 100 series instructor led class. 8:30 to 4:30pm Cost is $75/per student, registration closes Thurs. 3/7/2019 Cost of class includes all course materials, patch and CEU’s. Register link: http:// www.eiseverywhere.com/asm1910019
> 2/17 – Ride Scheduling Meeting – 2:32pm at Nikki Bauer’s house. Caldwell ID 83605 – This means no regular meeting at Pizza Hut.
> 2/24 (AHP) After Holiday Party 2 pm at Kim Marshall’s house Eagle. We will be addressing AHP at our next meeting.
> Let’s Talk about the Ride-in™ on July 9, 10, 11 in Casper WY. Trina has confirmation numbers for the rooms at the Ramkota Inn 302-266-6000. and will need reimbursement ASAP. 4 nights at $97.01 per night. Don’t forget to register for the Ride-In™ on-line through the national site. It’s about 650 miles to Casper, 300+ miles per day. Maybe stay overnight (coming & going) at the Flying Saddle Resort in Alpine WY. $129.00 to $149.00 per night. Sandra out more info on reservations here & make reservations, if we want.
> Doug from ICMS stopped by to inform us of upcoming ICMS events. 2/16 ICMS Cabin Fever Dance. 459 W Main Street Kuna. $5 cover. Doors open at 7pm, band starts at 9pm.
> 4/6 ICMS Spring Fun Run. Starting at Storey Park and dinner at VFW Post 63 on Maple Grove Boise.
> 5/4 ICMS Awareness Ride. Meet at Lucky Peak and end at Municipal Park.
> 7/12-14 ICMS Biker Rodeo in Pine ID. Nestors Hotel
> 4/27 Ride for 22™ (IS OUR CHARITY) Suicide Awareness Ride Register for ride $20.00at HDHD. We will be sorting shirts for Ride for 22™ at Val’s house aprox. 2 weeks prior to event. Details to come.
> 9/14 Night Light. “Light Up the Night” BOP 6pm-8pm. Light up your bikes Ladies!! This ride will coincide with Octobers “Out of the Darkness” walk. More information to follow.
Next Meeting, Feb 17, 2019 2:32pm at Nikki Baur’s 304 W. Spruce St. Caldwell
October 23, 2018
Attendees: Deby, Kim, Denise, Trina, Sandra, Valerie, Lynn, Richelle
> The group held a record of 8 different rides or events over the course of the month of October with an average of 4-5 members attending each. The riding season does not seem to be slowing down too much this year. The weather has been fabulous.
> We will try and do another overnight ride to Yellowstone/Island Park sometime in early fall again in 2019. That trip was amazing. Kudos to Sandra for her spectacular organizing skills and to Richelle for the great accommodations.
> WOW® Mileage Contest ends for all categories Oct. 31, 2018. So check your mileage at the end of the day on Oct. 31. Turn in your ending mileage statements to WOW HQ no later than Nov. 30th. If you never turned in a beginning mileage statement this past spring, DO SO NOW! I emailed a mileage form to all of you a few days ago.
> Winter Game Nights – Is open to whatever or whomever wishes to host. We can also go somewhere like bowling or go carts. This will be an impromptu event. Or we may just meet for a beer/soda pizza & conversation. It’s entirely up to you! Feel free to post an event on the
> After Holiday Party (A.H.P.) – Will be Feb. 24, 2019 – 2pm Pot Luck & Chinese gift exchange @ Kim Marshal’s house.
> Chpt. Director’s YOU ROCK Award – This year’s recipient is Trina Michaelis.
> Ride Planning meeting for 2019 will be held March 26, 2019. Location TBD.
> Member Questions: The question was recently asked about new members & people who are attending events that haven’t actually paid dues or joined & also children at events, meetings, etc. I did not know the full answer at the time so I posed the question about this subject to the CD/SA Forum coordinator Janice Seiller, and this was her reply:
“Anyone may attend 3 (three) activities before being asked to join. That is cumulative, so 2 this year and maybe 1 in the next = 3 (hard to keep track of so we recommend they sign a guest waiver). They are able to attend overnight rides and any event with the appropriate waiver signed, kids too with the child waiver. (I’d recommend if you know Jane is bringing her 6 YO niece and that the event is at a non-kid friendly place that you talk to her in advance. It all really depends on the situation here..the Board of Trustees recently approved an updated manual so when I post that I’ll circle back and let you know the sections pertaining to this topic.”
It is also my understanding that each chapter may adopt their own policies pertaining to some of these circumstances. i.e. children and male partners at events. Something we may discuss in the future.
Everyone have a great holiday season and I will see you all next year, if not before……Deby
**** Next official Meeting is Jan. 22, 2019, Pizza Hut – 675 Progress Ave. – Meridian
September 25, 2018 Meeting notes
Attendees: Deby, Sandra W., Denise, Melanie, Rachel, Cindy, Richelle, Kim, Val and Trina
>9/8 Lowman Loop- – -9/13 Horseshoe Bend Dinner ride- – -9/15 Night Glow Ride for 22, Great turnout really lit up the night.
> ELECTIONS: The group voted and passed the following new & continuing officers for 2019 except for the office of Sergeant At Arms, which was eliminated:
Chapter Director: Deby Clover
Co-Director: Sandra Werner
Chapter Secretary: Cindy Stephens
Chapter Activity Coordinator: Richelle White
Chapter Historian: Rachel Mauden
>Oct 6 – BOP Caldwell Scavenger Hunt Ride to benefit the Veterans Hall in Caldwell.
>Oct. 7 – Lowman Loop. Meet at Beacon Light Chevron 11am KSU11:15am.
>Oct. 13 – Hagerman Day Ride. Meet at Gowen Chevron 9am KSU 9:15am
>Oct. 13 – STAR slow speed course MOTO CHALLENGE Meridian Middle School 1:45pm
>Oct. 18 – Dinner ride Sunrise Inn Cafe Middleton. Meet at Chinden & Middleton Rd. Chevron 10962 Hwy 20/26 Caldwell, 83605 – 6:15pm KSU 6:30pm Sunrise Café for dinner.
>Oct. 20 – Haunted World (near Hwy20/26 & Northside Rd. intersection). Corn maze for those not interested in the scary house part. Meet at Haunted World 7pm, 20031 Northside Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605
>Oct. 21 – Sunday Day ride to Payette Meet at Hwy20/26 & Middleton Rd. intersection Chevron 10962 Hwy 20/26 Caldwell, 83605 – 10:15am KSU 10:30
***Next meeting, Oct 23, 2018 Pizza Hut 675 S Progressive Ave Meridian ID. 6pm dinner and conversation. 7 pm for dinner.
August 28, 2018 Meeting notes.
Meeting called to order by Deby Clover, Chapter Director
Attendees: Trina, Cindy, Margie, Sandra W., Denise, Norma, Kim, Deby, Rachael, Nikki and Melanie, new member and Mike (husband) and one Guest Cassandra,
>8/4 Ola/Sweet Ride. Richelle, Deby, Kim, Valerie, and Denise. Nice day for a ride. The restaurant in Ola was closed due to the fair. We had lunch at the Triangle Café. Good food and a place to remember.
>8/10-12 Cascade Overnighter @ Trina’s. Everyone had a blast on the lake. Lots of silly stories to be told for years!
>8/23 Hidden Springs ride. Very nice road to practice curves a & it’s close. Had dinner at Hawkin’s PacOut at the bottom of Bogus Basin Road & Hill Rd .
>Annual Elections for Chapter Officers. Nominations will close 9/11/2018 and VOTING will be held at the September 25th meeting. If you are not attending the September 25th meeting and would like to vote, we suggest you email your ballot to Deby prior to the September meeting. Please ask the person if she is willing to serve in the position BEFORE nominating her. If you are currently an officer, please let us know if you would like to continue or give up your seat in office at this time.
>Sep. 20 – IMPORTANT: If you are attending the Island Park Overnighter, there will be a Ride Meeting at Deby’s house a week before we leave, to finalize meal plans, routes, etc. There is no room left at the Cabin, but if you would like to go there are hotels in the area. 7pm PLEASE try to attend this meeting. It’s important.
>Sep. 8 – Lowman Loop to Idaho City Ride. Meet at Beacon Light Chevron. 10am KSU 10:15am. Lunch at Trudy’s.
>Sep. 8 – Boobie ride sponsored by HDHD. 10-3 pm KSU 6:15.
>Sep. 13 – Thursday night dinner ride. Horseshoe Bend. Meet at Beacon Light Chevron 6pm Dinner at Kits, in HSB.
>Sep. 14-16 Is the Year End Meet (YEM) for Motor Maids in McCall ID. You don’t have to be a member of MM. All riders welcome.
>Sep. 15 – Ride for 22 Night Glow Ride. Birds of Prey to Slicks Bar. Meet at BOP with bikes dressed in lights. 6pm $15
>9/14-16 Hyde Park Street Fair, Mondannas Headgear will be exhibiting.
>9/18- Taco Tuesday @ HDHD 12-7pm
>9/22 Pine Flats “glamping” is still pending….TBD
>9/22 Swap Meet at HDHD 9:30-6pm
>9/28-10/1 Island Park Overnighter.
*** Next Chapter meeting is September 25, 2018 – Pizza Hut 675 S. Progress Meridian ID. 6pm social hour, 7pm meeting.
June 26, 2018 Meeting notes
Attendees: Deby, Monica, Trina, Val, Cindy, Fleda, Richelle, Sandra W., Kim, Nikki, And Welcome New Members Rachel Mauden and Norma Perrone-Dube . Special Guests: Doug and Debbie Knehr from ICMS and Ride for 22.
> John Day Overnighter, 6/1-3. Great trip had a great time, and lots of shopping. 600-700 miles.
> Lowman Loop 6/10 Canceled due to weather
> Map Rock Dinner ride. 6/14 Huge turn out and a great time.
> Hagerman Back Road Ride. 6/23 Pretty nice and fun ride. The pie is to die for in Hagerman. Happy Birthday to Val ride. The wind was terrible though. Nice tail wind going down but coming home was fierce.
> Website Discussion, Trina. It has come to Trina’s attention that our GoDaddy website is not a secure site and Google will be requiring it to be secure by July. We need an SSL license and it’s $90.00 for 2 years (normally $75/yr). This measure was put to a group vote and Monica from Mondana’s Headwear has stepped up to pay the fee. Thanks to our own Monica, who will soon have link on our page as a sponsor.
> July 1 Lowman Loop “a spirited ride” with Adele. Meet at Beacon Light Chevron 10am KSU 10:15am. Going the other direction and ending up at Trudy’s for lunch.
> July 7 Eagle Fun Days. Our song is “Girls just want to have fun”. So, dress up in the 80’s theme. Think Cyndi Lauper. Our application has been accepted. Thank you, Margie.
> July 10-12 Women on Wheels Ride-In in Johnson City, TN. Deby will be doing her Bucket List cross-country solo ride.
> July 14 ICMS Rally in Pine…Rodeo at Noon
> July 16 Dead Man’s Pass Oregon. Weekday Impromptu to Pendleton perhaps.
> The Pendleton Bike Rally is July 18. Foghat is the band.
> July 19 Dinner ride to Celebration Park. Brown bag. Meet at Idaho Center Chevron 5950 E. Franklin Rd, Nampa ID. 6:15pm KSU 6:30pm. Deby will be at Ride-in, so we will need a leader that night. Volunteers?
> July 21 Mountain Mama’s 42nd Arts and Crafts fair. TBD
> August 3 or 4 Discussion about Rattlesnake Hwy and Old White bird Summit.
> September 28-October 1 Island Park/Yellowstone. The cabin is FULL. Anyone else wanting to go must make other accommodations. $100 down at time of meeting for the NON-REFUNDABLE full payment.
**** Next meeting July 24, 2018 BIRDS OF PREY MOTORSPORTS, Caldwell ID 721 Hannibal St.
May 22, 2018 Meeting Notes
Attendees: Val, Trina, Becky, Margie, Monica, Richelle, Sandra, Deby, Kim, Nikki, and Cindy
> May 5 ICMS Awareness Rally. Great day for a ride. After the rally, we rode the Lowman Loop. Riders: Deby, Becky, Trina, Kim, Nikki, Margie, Denice and Lyn.
> May 12 Swap meet at HDHD. Deby set up a WOW booth and had a couple of women show interest.
> May 17 Dinner ride to the Hill Top Café. Beautiful ride and we missed most of the rain in spite of the threatening clouds. The sun came out on the ride home, showing spectacular sun set Riders: Kim, Trina, Margie, Sandra W, and Deby
> May 20 Emmett Loop to Ola Café. Riders: Becky, Kim, Trina, Richelle and son Parker, Sandra W., Deby with lots of fog and mist coming over Horseshoe Bend Hill, but it became nice the rest of the day.
> June 1-3 John Day Overnighter. Meet at Flying J Exit 29, 10am, KSU 10:15am. Sandra W will lead the ride. The route to John Day is through Nyssa, Vale, Burns and then north to John Day. The route back home, will be Hwy 26. Sandra has rooms reserved. Val, Richelle, and Sandra W. are going. If you would like to go please get in touch with Sandra W.
> June 10 Lowman Loop lunch at South Fork Lodge. Meet at Beacon Light Chevron 503 S Eagle Rd, Eagle 10:45am KSU 11am. The Patriot Thunder ride is also this day, we opted for a scoot on the Lowman Loop instead.
> June 14 Dinner ride. Map Rock Road. Meet at the Orchard House in Caldwell, 14949Sunny Slope Rd. 6:30pm for dinner. Dinner first and then ride.
> June 23 Hagerman Old Hwy 30, back road ride. Meet at Gowen Rd Chevron Exit 57 at 8:30am KSU 8:45 am
> July 7 Eagle Fun Days Parade. Margie Ridgeway will be getting more details for the June meeting.
> July 14 Nikki has suggested a ride to Deadman Pass between La Grande and Pendleton. Ride details will be finalized at the June 26, 2018 meeting.
> July 19 Celebration Park Dinner Ride – Brown Bag. We need someone to lead this ride. Meet at Idaho Center Chevron 5950 E Franklin Rd. Nampa 6:15pm KSU 6:30 pm
> September: Island Park in Eastern Idaho. Richelle has access to a cabin. Possible dates September 28- October 1. 3 nights in the cabin, Trips through Yellowstone and Jackson Hole WY.
***Next meeting, June 26, 2018 Pizza Hut 675 S Progressive Ave Meridian ID. 6pm dinner and conversation. 7 pm for dinner.
April 24, 2018 Meeting Notes
Meeting called to order by Deby Clover, #19259, at 7pm Attendees: Trina, Monica, Deby, Sandra W, Kim, Becky, Denise, Margie, Richelle, Val, Cindy and Lynn. Special guests: Doug and Debbie Knehr, Ride for 22
> 4/15 Impromptu ride to Shoshone Falls. Great weather and all back roads. Stopped for Peanut Butter Pie and lunch at the Snake River Grill in Hagerman. The Falls were spectacular.
> 4/21 Ride for 22. Our charity commitment. Doug and Deb came to our meeting to thank us for our hard work. We took over the t-shirt and sweatshirt product sales. Sales were over $12,000 this year. We had a great time and the weather was great for the poker run. Doug and Debbie asked for our input on the system that was set up. Going forward, we would like to be more organized with product. The general conclusion was to have the product at one of our homes a few days before the event so we can sort through and organize it in a manner that works for us. It was a great turn out for a very good cause.
> 4/26 Thursday dinner ride to the Notus Café. Meet at Birds of Prey Caldwell, Exit 28 6:15 pm KSU 6:30 pm.
> May 5 – ICMS Awareness Rally. Meet Gowen Chevron Exit 57 @ 10:45. KSU at 11am. We will ride up to Sandy Point as the WOWgroup then join the procession to downtown Boise when they leave at 1pm. Turn right onto W. Myrtle St. towards Municipal Park for lunch.
> 5/12 Swap Meet @ HDHD. 9:00-6pm. Forms are at the front desk at High Desert HD and on their website. Monica and Deby will be there selling stuff and promoting WOW. It’s a great event to buy and sell stuff.
> 5/17 Dinner ride to the Hill Top Café via Ten Mile Creek road. Sandra Werner to lead. Meet 6 pm at High Desert HD
> 5/20 Emmett Loop to Ola Café. Meet at Beacon Light road Chevron at 10:45 am KSU 11 am.
*** Remember our meetings are always the 4th Tuesday of the month Next meeting is May 22, 2018 Pizza Hut – Meridian 6pm dinner & social. Meeting @ 7pm
March 27, 2018 Meeting Notes
Meeting called to order by Deby Clover, #19239, at 7pm Attendees: Lyn – Kim – Trina – Denise – Kat – Deby. Guests: Doug & Deb Knehr, from Ride for 22.
>April 7 – Is the ICMS Spring Memorial Run & Appreciation Dinner starting 10:30am-12pm $10 entry fee for Ride @ HDHD. Ride will end at the VFW hall. Free dinner 4-6 @ VFW Hall (Maple Grove & Overland) Does not need to be on ride to attend dinner. Prizes to be given away during dinner.
>April 7 is also the day that the Proclamation declaring Idaho to be the first state to recognize April as Veteran Suicide Awareness month, will be read at the state capitol for Ride For 22.
>April 11 – Avoid a Ticket & Survive a Crash with Meridian Police Officer Will Stoy 6-8pm HDHD always a fun seminar and Ride Safe Idaho will be there representing the upcoming April class.
>April 12 Thursday – OUR FIRST Dinner Ride. Meet at BOP at 6pm with a full gas tank. KSU 6:15p and off we go to the Notus Garage Café. CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER.