We are the Idaho Gems
The Idaho Chapter of Women on Wheels and we are excited to have you join us! Please note OCTOBER 27, 2020 MEETING LOCATION IS TBD! PLEASE CHECK THE MEETUP APP FOR UPDATES.
ALSO – LEARN ABOUT USING THE MEETUP APP ON YOUR PHONE – ALL OUR EVENTS AND RIDES ARE THERE!
To unite all women motorcycle enthusiasts for recreation, education, mutual support, recognition, and to promote a positive image of women motorcyclists.
WE ARE WOMEN WHO LOVE TO RIDE!
- We are the Idaho Gems
- The Idaho Chapter of Women on Wheels and we are excited to have you join us! Please note OCTOBER 27, 2020 MEETING LOCATION IS TBD! PLEASE CHECK THE MEETUP APP FOR UPDATES.
- ALSO – LEARN ABOUT USING THE MEETUP APP ON YOUR PHONE – ALL OUR EVENTS AND RIDES ARE THERE!
- Our Mission:
- GET THE MEETUP APP FOR YOUR SMART PHONE
- Women On Wheels®
We are women motorcyclists with a common bond of the love of the sport and are non-bike specific. Our focus is on safety. Chartered in March 2006, we plan short rides as well as overnighters and participate in area-wide non-profit charity and community events and rallies. We schedule one formal ride each month, generally on weekends. (Monitor this website for changes.) We love spontaneous, informal weekday rides! Be sure to get on our email list so you can be notified of an impending putt!
MEETING OCTOBER 27th, 2020 – Location is TBD. As stated above, please go to the MeetUp app for updates. We WILL BE OBSERVING SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS IF THEY ARE STILL IN EFFECT – But – we get to see each other in person! If you have questions, please contact one of the ladies listed below.
We met at Bear Park in June, July, August, and September and will have an alternate location for the October meeting which is the last official meeting for 2020! Stay tuned for updates! We will have some other events like the After Holiday Party that will be announced on MeetUp.
Any current members of Women On Wheels®, Idaho Gems, or prospective members are encouraged to attend. No meetings are scheduled for November or December. Ladies interested in learning to ride and preparing for STAR or Learn to Ride classes are also encouraged to attend. We will see you there! For more information contact one of the ladies listed below:
Chapter Director – Sandra Werner
Co-Chapter Director – Richelle Silagy-White
208 – 861-6921
State Ambassador – Deby Clover
GET INFO ON EVERYTHING WOW IDAHO GEMS!
GET THE MEETUP APP FOR YOUR SMART PHONE
Idaho Gems is now using an app called Meetup. It is for your phone only. All of our rides and meetings will be there (including impromptu) and we are requesting that you use the app let us know whether or not you will be participating in a ride – you do it right in the app!
In this way, we can plan for how many group leaders we will need and what the interest level is in the ride. Our goal is safety and fun! So please help us by downloading and using the app.
The app is available in the app story for Android or iPhone. After you download just do a search for Women on Wheels Idaho Gems. It should be pop up as the first one on the list. Just click or touch it with your finger and you will become a member of the group! If you have questions, please call one of the nice ladies above and they will help you with it. Thanks so much for helping us help you!
Once you become a member of Women On Wheels®, you can remain unaffiliated with a chapter and enjoy WOW through the magazine, the Ride-In (annual international rally), and the WOW web sites. Or, you are welcome to participate with as many local chapters as you choose. There are currently more than 75 chapters.
Women On Wheels®
In order to be a member of the Idaho Gems (a State Chapter), you must first become a member of Women On Wheels®. There are currently no fees for Idaho Gems. Below, is the cost breakdown for all types of membership in Women On Wheels®. There is no additional cost for being a member of the Idaho Gems Chapter.
Costs for Women On Wheels® Membership
- Membership in Women On Wheels® is a great value for only $50 (US) per year. Note: For those outside the US, membership is an additional $5/yr due to higher magazine mailing costs.
- GEM (Going the Extra Mile) (Not Idaho Gems) Membership is $75. This provides our members the opportunity to provide extra support to WOW and get discounts on WOW merchandise and their Ride-In ™ registration.
- Support Membership is $25 per year – an excellent choice for your spouse/significant other to participate in WOW events and activities.
- Child membership is $10 per year for those under sixteen.
- Magazine Only Subscription (not entitled to member benefits nor participation) $25 per year.
You may get an application from any Idaho Gems member, or you can go directly to the national WOW web site and print a copy to mail.
The many benefits to WOW membership include the following:
- – Membership card
– Membership pin, patch, and helmet decal
– Courtesy cards
– Bumper and windshield stickers
– Annual member service directory
– Association discounts offered by some organizations in the motorcycle industry
– Subscription to the Women On Wheels® bi-monthly magazine
– Annual mileage contest
– Individual cumulative mileage award system
– Recruiter credits
For information about WOW and the Idaho Gems Chapter – go to the About WOW Page