We are the Idaho Gems the Idaho Chapter of Women on Wheels® and we are excited to have you join us!
June 28th meeting 2022: We want to invite everyone to the next meeting of the year. Everyone is welcome – members and non-members! Come and catch up with each other and let’s start planning for the great year that’s coming! We’ll meet on Tuesday, June 28th 6:30-8 pm (come late if you need to) Location: Meridian…. Bear Creek Park 2400 Stoddard Road (south of Overland road) We look forward to seeing all of you!
To unite all women motorcycle enthusiasts for recreation, education, mutual support, recognition, and to promote a positive image of women motorcyclists.
WE ARE WOMEN WHO LOVE TO RIDE!
We are women motorcyclists with a common bond of the love of the sport and are non-bike specific. Our focus is on safety. Chartered in March 2006, we plan short rides as well as overnighters and participate in area-wide non-profit charity and community events and rallies. We schedule one formal ride each month, generally on weekends. (Monitor this website for changes.) We love spontaneous, informal weekday rides! Be sure to get on our email list so you can be notified of an impending putt!
MEETINGS: March meeting of 2022: We want to invite everyone to the first meeting of the year. Everyone is welcome – members and non-members! Come and catch up with each other and let’s start planning for the great year that’s coming! Tentatively we’ll meet on Tuesday, March 22nd 6-8 pm (come late if you need to) Location the Watershed – 11818 Joplin Rd., Boise. This will be our ride plan meeting for the upcoming few months. Bring your ideas of where you’d like to go. We look forward to seeing all of you!
We WILL BE OBSERVING SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS IF THEY ARE STILL IN EFFECT – But – we get to see each other in person! If you have questions, please contact one of the ladies listed below.
Any current members of Women On Wheels®, Idaho Gems, or prospective members are encouraged to attend. No meetings are scheduled for November or December. We will see you there! For more information contact one of the ladies listed below:
Chapter Director – Fleda Bernie
W.O.W. Board of Trustee Vice President: Trina Michaelis
208 – 863-8078
GET INFO ON EVERYTHING WOW IDAHO GEMS!
Watch our calendar for upcoming local and national W.O.W. events.
All of our rides and meetings will be on our ride calendar. In this way, we can plan for how many group leaders we will need and what the interest level is in the ride. Our goal is safety and fun!
For more information please email or call one of the nice ladies above and they will help you with it. Thanks so much for helping us help you!
Once you become a member of Women On Wheels®, you can remain unaffiliated with a chapter and enjoy WOW through the magazine, the Ride-In™ (annual international rally), and the WOW web sites. Or, you are welcome to participate with as many local chapters as you choose. There are currently more than 42 chapters.
Women On Wheels®
In order to be a member of the Idaho Gems (a State Chapter), you must first become a member of Women On Wheels®. There are currently no fees for Idaho Gems. Below, is the cost breakdown for all types of membership in Women On Wheels®. There is no additional cost for being a member of the Idaho Gems Chapter.
Costs for Women On Wheels® Membership
- Membership in Women On Wheels® is a great value for only $45 (US) per year with online magazine. To receive printed magazine with membership cost is $65 Note: For those outside the US, membership plus printed magazine is an additional $5/yr due to higher magazine mailing costs.
- GEM (Going the Extra Mile) (Not Idaho Gems) Membership is $75. This provides our members the opportunity to provide extra support to WOW and get discounts on WOW merchandise and their Ride-In ™ registration.
- Support Membership is $25 per year – an excellent choice for your spouse/significant other to participate in WOW events and activities.
- Child membership is $10 per year for those under sixteen.
- Magazine Only Subscription (not entitled to member benefits nor participation) $20 per year.
You may get an application from any Idaho Gems member, or you can go directly to the national WOW web site to join and or register for the annual international Ride-In™
The many benefits to WOW membership include the following:
- – Membership card
– Membership pin and helmet decal
– Courtesy cards
– Windshield stickers
– Online annual member service directory (Full & GEM memberships)
– Discounts offered by some organizations in the motorcycle industry
– Digital subscription to the Women On Wheels® bi-monthly magazine
– Printed magazine optional for Full members
– All Member Personal mileage milestone award system
– Recruiter credits
For information about WOW and the Idaho Gems Chapter – go to the About WOW Page